If you are starting off as an agent, you need to remember the fact that the 'life' of life insurance ultimately lies in how you generate life insurance leads. Your career entirely depends on it and you have to constantly search for new ways to do the job.
5 ways to generate life insurance leads:
1. Get some material prepared. An example of such material is a brochure that talks about all your products. You can also get a card printed with useful information presented in an attractive way. Send this material to several people to attract them.
2. Hire a company which works in the area of providing leads. There are several of them around and you have to do some leg work or research to find the best one to rely upon.
3. Place an ad in the local newspaper and invite people from your locality to attend a free seminar which includes a free lunch. You might easily turn a percentage of them into customers.
4. Create a web site targeting the people who can become leads. You need to attract people through that site. It is better to take the help of an SEO expert to rank high in the search engines. This will increase the traffic and also increase the chances for more leads.
5. If there are any trade fairs going on in your city, contact the organizers and buy a small counter there to talk to people who inquire about the products.
You need to think out of the box and find various methods to get what you want. Your success depends upon identifying an opportunity to explain about your products to as many people as possible in order to convert them into sales. This way, there are several ways to generate life insurance leads.